A journey towards digitization is prominent in every sector. The cement industry also benefited from it. It has brought pace in production, as well as in management and data storage. A PwC study shows that digitized supply chains (DSC) may increase efficiency by 4.1 percent annually, highlighting the need for cement businesses to create an integrated ecosystem that is digitally first and provides greater supply chain transparency.
Benefits of Digitization of the Cement industry
- Connecting Data: Engineers are trying their best to supply a continuous flow of data to ensure digitalization. Without this connectivity, digitalization will not come into existence properly. Automation will also be generated by integrating data for future maintenance management. For cloud storage, data connectivity is also needed. So, a continuous flow of data has given acceleration digitalization.
- Saving Energy: Along with optimization and automation, digitalization also opened the path for saving energy. It is done through energy efficiency and eco-balance: moreover, by increasing sustainability. Digitalization makes cement production as “green” as possible in the cement industry by saving energy. Like energy-efficient houses, energy-intensive industrial sectors are also likely through digitalization.
- Optimization: Optimization in any production increases its potential. The cement industry is not an exception. Optimizing fuel supply and the optimization of mills increases the potentiality of production. The optimization process also gives a higher output in maintaining product quality. Through the help of optimization, production organization can be arranged flexibly.
- Automation: In the cement industry, digitalization has brought a revolution. From the groundwork to the management, the application of automation can be seen anywhere. It collects data automatically, arranges, and stores it in the cloud storage system. It makes the production process faster, and a solid automation solution is found.
- Cost Reduction: The widespread digital solution also helped in cost reduction. AI-based technologies collect the data automatically. Third-party syndicated information is also gathered. Through the various stages, these are compared to reduce the cost of production. Consequently, cement manufacturing increases more smoothly, within a limited expenditure, and in less time.
- Production Planning: Because of the use of digital technology, the planning and procedure of production have become more accessible. Especially in packaging and manufacturing, handling the products is not hectic. Digitalization also allows optimized production planning for which, on the one side, manufacturing has increased, and on the other side, consumer relationship has improved.
- Smart Factory: Digitalization helps improve a factory’s production and controlling system. AI technology, data infrastructure, and operational procedures are changed due to digitalization. So, the quantity of errors and mismanagement has been lessened significantly. Like other sectors, the waves of globalization have come to the cement industry through digitalization.
Automation and digital technologies help to improve operations and make better use of resources. In the cement business, digitization can contribute to increased productivity, efficiency, optimization, and lifecycle time.
Digitization has a lot of possibilities, and its role is yet to be revealed entirely in the cement industry. India’s shift towards a green economy is once again ensured by the spread of digitization in the cement industry.